Thursday 29 December 2011

Essence - Blue Addicted over Bourjois 18

How about I show you a mani I really loved while I'm stuffing my face with pancakes? 
I started with Bourjois 10 days number 18, a really cool blue colour with a less than good brush. It's cut inclined and it gave me quite a lot of troubles. I know it's supposed to make the application easier, but for me it didn't. I prefer the classic brush. But the colour is beautiful. Although I liked it, i wanted something more on my nails. I'm into layering lately, and Blue Addicted was in my untrieds box for far far too long. Magic happened. 




And Borujois 18, as you can see, a lovely shade of blue with silver shimmer.


Nothing could prepare me for the awesomeness that is Essence Blue Addicted. I loved it so so so freakishly much. The application is good, you have to search for the hexagonal glitter a bit, but it works with you, so it's not too much trouble. Two coats, over two coats of Bourjois. And it was a perfect mani, that comes with a heavy removal, just like all Essence glitters. Well worth the trouble though.

You can build Blue Addicted too, but I prefer to layer it. Definitively on my top 10 for this year. Fantastic polish, truly a must-have in Essence department. Yes, I know it's a dupe of Across the Universe, and I really love Essence for doing a dupe of this marvellous polish that I shall never have due to the price. 

Do you have Blue Addicted? Do you like hexagonal glitter or does the hype around it baffle you? 

Thank you for reading & have a great NY celebration!

20 comments:

  1. hahahaaa what a coincidence! I'm wearing Blue Addicted RIGHT NOW, over essence hard to resist! It looks almost the same as yours ^^
    And my best friend told me today she loves that nail polish :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the biggest lemming for Blue Addicted FOREVER since I also lem after DL ATU.... It's soooo pricey on eBay though! Amazing swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great combo! And thanks so much for the award-comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue Addicted is on wish list!!! I need it in my life!!! This mani looks really great, wonderful combo! I love the polish by Bourjois, never heard of the brand before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obožujem ga <3 NOTD s tem lepotcem je dejansko moj najbolj bran post, so that says it all :) ( http://moonchild666.blogspot.com/2011/11/notd-blue-addicted.html )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woow, both of them look amazing!!! I just got Deborah Lippmann AtU and now I know what color to layer it over.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue addicted mi je definitivno jedna od najdrazih kupovina ove godine :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kombinacija je krasna!
    Tudi meni je čopiča na teh Bourjois lakih čudaški in na moji obliki nohta prav tako ne deluje meni v prid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tudi mene so tele bleščice začarale, vendar mi je roza verzija najbolja všečna (time for romance). Je pa tudi tale Bourjois lušten in me malce spominja na Essence Into the Dark (mogoče je temnejši od Bourjoisa)?

    ReplyDelete
  10. great combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG-that base blue is stunning!!! I hate when they do brushes on an angle like that-it's really not helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those top nails, absolutely beautiful!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this manicure, the Essence polish is stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. savršena kombinacija :-D
    imam ovaj bourjois, još uvijek čeka na probu, kad sam vidila kako četkica izgleda poludila sam, ne znam što bih s njom :-p
    svako dobro i u novoj ti želim :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tvoji nohti so čudoviti, manikura pa tudi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Čudovito <3 Blue Addicted je tkoooooo lep!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you everyone, for your wonderful response, you surprised me a bit. :D

    @MissDoll, bom naredila primerjavo, pa jo objavim takoj ko utegnem, prav? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. O, to bi bilo super
    hvala ti ;)

    ReplyDelete