Sunday 31 October 2010

China Glaze Month - Blue Sparrow (neon)

Hey everyone. How are you enjoying your Halloween Reformation day (can't resist, I want to contribute to Nina's movement about the acutal holiday that we have here, Halloween is borrowed from the USA, as you all know :))? I'm having a personal party with a very annoying little cold that loves me so much, it won't go away. I swear, when I woke up today, I thought I swallowed a razor blade or two during the night, my throat is killing me. So I'm having Milan Kundera weekend. Actually it's been more like a month or so, I think I've read like 6 of his novels in a row in the past few weeks. I love his works, feel in love with Unbearable Lightness Of Being years ago and I'm still loving it. :) My trip to Česká Republika coincided perfectly with this obsession with the Czech author, so it was even more special. :) 

Anyway, remember me telling you how every once in a while I want to try "not me" colours? Blue Sparrow was a sequel of Bad Landing, but it didn't match it's success, I removed it in a matter of hours. 



In the shade, excuse my middle finger, I don't know what happened there.

As Bad Landing, this isn't my colour at all, and, unlike BL, I hated it on my nails. It's the type of blue I really dislike, it's neon (one trend that I never fell for) and after three coats still very sheer, you can see quite clearly my nail under the polish. I couldn't stand it, I removed it quite soon. And went safe, with a vampy colour, that I've already shown you.
Otherwise a very well behaved polish. Application is a bliss, no trouble at all, brush obeys every order and drying time is superfast.

What do you think? Your type of colour? What about Kundera, do you like him, or do you prefer other novelists? :) 

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. uf za ovakvu boju bi mu jos i presla preko toga sto je proziran, podsjeca me na essenceov pool party bar na slikama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meni je lep, sploh ta shimmer mi je všeč :)

    Glede knjig - jaz sem za nesrečne ljubezni, kot npr. Madame Bovary, pa Jevgenij Onjegin ipd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bra-vo! Dan reformacije 1000-krat premaga noč čarovnic. ;) Me veseli, da si pristopila na pravo stran. :o)
    Obožujem Kundero. Je pa tudi res, da obožujem večino klasikov, to pa Kundera brez dvoma je.

    Ah, ja, lak mi je zelo všeč. Pred davnimi časi sem ga imela tudi jaz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Za moj okus presvetla in premočna modra - mogoče za poletje.

    Kar se romanov tiče, sem trenutno oboževalka Sofi Oksanen. Pravkar sem na knjižnem sejmu tule nabavila njen roman Puhdistus (v anj. Purge). 8)Upam, da jo bodo kaj prevajali v slovenščino, ker res dobro piše.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vidim, da je večini všeč. :) Jaz se moram žal strinjati s Kaneli, ga pa ne bi nosila niti poleti. :D

    Hvala za deljenje mnenj o Kunderi in vašem bralnem okusu z mano in komentarje!

    ReplyDelete